Monday, September 28, 2009

Starting Somewhere

First, something silly my mom would probably like :)

Tonight I tried straight up copying a nice fluid style (no, not the doodle above). I snatched the colors right off the original and drew a copy side by side to try to get a feel for the artist. It was a useful exercise despite it being unfinished and having some obvious errors (I never noticed how much I stretch things out. Look how wide it all is!).

I may do more of these to get a feel for things.

The original, by Goran Josic:

My copy:
Song!

&<span class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_2">lt</span>;a <span class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_3">href</span>="http://store.usemusic.com/track/k-i-s-s-i-n-g">K.I.S.S.I.N.G by U.S.E&<span class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_4">lt</span>;/a>

Another U.S.E because I can't stop listening to them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment