Thursday, September 24, 2009

Octopocolypse


The sea creatures.. I'm not over it yet.

I'm currently trying to figure out what to paint for a dear friend. We were talking about a number of different mediums and subjects and colors and things, and I got a bit stuck on the black and white part.



Black and white made me think of Rorschach Tests (above, courtesy of Wikipedia), and although he didn't express much love for this sort of symmetry, I don't really know where else to start at the moment.

So I started with a catastrophe at sea. Giant sea monsters are bad for boats.

And moved on to here:

Which looked a bit silly as an ink blot test:

Which got muddled into this:

Which got some color here:

Which all in all didn't amount to much, but I had to post this somewhere so this friend of mine can see what I'm talking about when I try to explain it tomorrow :)

Time to move on to new ideas! I think I'll revisit this in the future, but it's probably a good idea to move in a different direction for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment